Sunday, December 18, 2005

Wish Me Luck

Tomorrow is my visitation day at the school where I will be student teaching in January. I’m a little excited and a little apprehensive. I substitute teach and I have kids of my own, so talking in front of a classroom to 20 six year-olds doesn’t bother me. The fact that I have to spend sixteen weeks with them makes me nervous!

I have never stayed in one job for too long (most of my jobs were summer jobs, I live in a resort town) and I don’t usually like the monotony of M-F, 9-5. I guess like any college student, this will be a test of whether or not I’m ready for the real world.

Well, wish me luck and if anyone has any advice I’d appreciate it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that you have children already will make all the difference in the world, because you are much less likely to become sidetracked or flummoxed by classroom management isues.

I wouldn't worry about becoming bored or restless after staying on the job for a while . . . it's just not possible in teaching! New challenges fly at you so fast and continuously that monotony never sets in.

I do wish you luck, but I don't think you're going to need it.

melissamae said...

so how did it go??